Road traffic injuries are a major but neglected public health challenge that requires intensive efforts for effective and sustainable prevention. Road traffic systems are one of the most complex and dangerous systems with which people have to deal every day.
The objectives of ArriveSAFE are:
- To reach out to Government, Media, Corporates and Community to solicit their support to prevent colossal waste of human life on Indian roads as India holds the dubious distinction of highest road crash fatalities in the World.
- To work as a pressure group to create political will and help improve road safety situation.
- Sensitize masses by raising awareness about road traffic injuries, their grave consequences and thus build community involvement around the issue of Road Safety.
- Develop cost effective road safety programs to increase knowledge, awareness and skills amongst the Indian road users.
- To change the attitudes and behaviours of drivers by creating peoples movement for safe behaviour.
- Promote a positive attitude towards enforcement laws and infuse sense of courtesy and concern among road users.
- Regularly monitor relevant local and international road statistics and developments in order to effect improvements.
ArriveSAFE is actively working towards its mission through interventions and activities, both individually and with Government/Semi Government bodies support. ArriveSAFE has been developing cost effective dynamic tools to enhance efficiency and deliverability of Road Safety within the existing legal framework.
Law Commission of India constituted by the Government of India, Ministry of Law and Justice, Department of Legal Affairs, New Delhi sent “Consultation Paper on Legal Reform to combat Road Accident” to ArriveSAFE. On request of Secretary to the Government of India & Member-Secretary, we sent our suggestions on “Consultation Paper on Legal Reform to combat Road Accident”.
ArriveSAFE has been working successfully with:
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India
- Chandigarh Traffic Police
- Haryana Police
- Punjab Roads and Bridges Development Board
- Registration and Licensing Authority, Chandigarh
- Chandigarh Transport Undertaking
- Chandigarh Industrial and Tourism Corporation
ArriveSAFE have been pre-eminent in spreading the message about road safety through a wide variety of grass root activities aimed at raising awareness amongst all levels of society as to the risks and consequences associated with a lack of road safety awareness. ArriveSAFE strongly feels that partnering with media provides impetus to the initiative and has close association with local and national media both electronic and print. ArriveSAFE believes that community involvement can give strong support to the cause of road safety and motivate political will, thus enable road safety actions to be prioritised and implemented. Some recent activities include: